Registered Veterinary Technician
Are you dreaming about what YOUR bigger picture could be? Are you trying to achieve the ever-elusive work-life balance? Would you like to be excited to come to work every day?
At Livermore Family Pet Hospital, we are a fun, quirky, diverse family who work, play, and grow together. We are passionate about supporting each other in and out of the hospital setting. We believe in taking the best care of ourselves, our patients, and their families, while growing our individual passions within the veterinary field and beyond. You will be treated like one of the family with continual support and focus while you take this adventure with us. What’s the point of having a great adventure without having a family to share it with?
What do you think? Ready to bring that dream to reality? You got this…and we got you!
You are an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), fully licensed in California, who has compassion, creativity, and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have initiative, drive, and a solid work ethic. Strong animal handling, veterinary technician and dental skills are desired, but a new RVT will definitely be considered. If desired, a structured or less formal mentorship program will be provided. Interest in TCVM, acupuncture, geriatric medicine, behavior, physical therapy, small exotic/pocket pet medicine, and fear free practices is a welcome plus.
We are a multi-doctor, busy, progressive, long-time AAHA accredited small animal primary care hospital that will keep you engaged and inspired every day. We are paper-light moving to completely paperless with cloud software, live text, text-to-pay, video conferencing with screen-sharing, and phone calls through our software partners. We have CR radiology and CR dental radiology, in-house lab, ultrasound, ultrasonic dental machine, full surgical suite, and soon basic endoscopy. We are excited to expand to accommodate your individual passions and strengths in veterinary medicine. We love to laugh, tell jokes, be silly, and support each other. We are committed to providing mentorship both in and out of the hospital. We celebrate people from all walks of life, and believe we thrive through celebration of our differences, our shared love for our patients, their families, and our community.
Livermore Family Pet Hospital proudly serves the Livermore, California community. Known for being California’s oldest wine region, Livermore is surrounded by award-winning wineries, farmland and ranches. Our town’s thriving cultural and entertainment venues provide a break from the hustle and bustle of life. Learn about Livermore’s history with a self-guided historic downtown tour, a visit at one of our museums, or roaming the Ravenswood Historical site. For those looking to connect with nature, take a hike or ride a bike in any of our magnificent parks, trails, and open space. If you crave the night life in the big city with dancing, dining, theater, and award-winning museums, San Francisco is 40 minutes away. Beaches and tidepools less than an hour away. If you prefer hiking and skiing, Yosemite National Park and Lake Tahoe are less than a 4-hour drive. Here in Livermore, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
How we support each other
All job duties legally allowed for a Registered Veterinary Technician as well as responsibilities that include, but not limited to:
- Venipuncture, cystocentesis, and cytology
- Intravenous catheterization and fluid administration
- Digital radiography including dental radiographs, dental COHAT
- Anaesthesia induction and monitoring
- Generate estimates and discuss with clients
- Training Veterinary Assistants I and II, Kennel Attendants, and FCRs
- Confident and competent in technical skills
- Able to perform dental radiographs, dental prophy, and extractions
- Open and respectful communication and treatment amongst all team members
How you support us
- California Registered Veterinary License current and in good standing
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in your RVT skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter and take initiative with new projects/hospital needs
- Be a supportive team member with a fun, positive attitude
- Willingness to become Fear Free Certified
How we support you
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Competitive wages
- Uniform allowance including work shoes
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision provided; Life and supplemental AFLAC available)
- Yearly continuing education stipend provided
- Employee Assistance Plan and free in-house and online training provided
- Fear Free Certification training
- Flexible work schedule including a 4-day work week
- Pet and product discounts
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.