Are you dreaming about what your bigger picture could be? Are you trying to achieve the everelusive work-life balance? Would you like to be excited to come to work every day?
At Livermore Family Pet Hospital, we are a fun, quirky, diverse family who work, play, and grow together. We are passionate about supporting each other in and out of the hospital setting. We believe in taking the best care of ourselves, our patients, and their families while growing our individual and collective passions within the veterinary field and beyond. You will be treated like one of the families with continual mentorship while you take this adventure with us. What’s the point of having a great adventure without having a family to share it with?
What do you think? Ready to bring that dream to reality?
You are an enthusiastic veterinarian who has compassion, creativity, and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have initiative, drive, and a good strong work ethic. Strong preventive medicine, internal medicine, surgical, and dental skills are desired, but a new veterinarian interested in a structured mentorship program will definitely be considered. Interest in TCVM, acupuncture, house calls, urgent care, geriatric medicine, behavior, physical therapy, small exotic/pocket pet medicine, and fear free practices is a welcome plus
We are a multi-doctor, busy, progressive, long-time AAHA accredited small animal primary care hospital that will keep you engaged and inspired every day. We are paper-light moving to completely paperless with cloud software, live text, text-to-pay, video conferencing with screen-sharing, and phone calls through our software partners. We have CR radiology and CR dental radiology, in-house lab, ultrasound, ultrasonic dental machine, a full surgical suite, and soon basic endoscopy. We are excited to expand our services to accommodate your individual passions and strengths in veterinary medicine. We love to laugh, tell jokes, be silly, and support each other. We are committed to providing Mentorship both in and out of the hospital through a structured internal mentorship agreement, through the MentorVet program, or both, if desired. We celebrate people from all walks of life, and believe we thrive through celebration of our differences, our shared love for our patients, their families, and our community.
Livermore Family Pet Hospital proudly serves the Livermore, California community. Known for being California’s oldest wine region, Livermore is surrounded by award-winning wineries, farmland and ranches. Our town’s thriving cultural and entertainment venues provide a break from the hustle and bustle of life. Learn about Livermore’s history with a self-guided historic downtown tour, a visit at one of our museums, or roaming the Ravenswood Historical site. For those looking to connect with nature, take a hike or ride a bike in any of our magnificent parks, trails, and open space. If you crave Copyright © 2021 Beyond Just You the night life in the big city with dancing, dining, theater, and award-winning museums, San Francisco is 40 minutes away. Beaches and tidepools less than an hour away. If you prefer hiking and skiing, Yosemite National Park and Lake Tahoe are less than a 4-hour drive. Here in Livermore, there is
something for everyone to enjoy!
How we support each other
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of small animal cases
- Perform general wellness exams, surgeries, and dental procedures
- Maintain a high level of client communication and patient care
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
- Maintain a positive work environment and promote teamwork
- Open communication and respectful treatment of all team members
How you support us
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program is required
- Be licensed to practice in the state of California
- Surgical and dental interest or experience preferred
- Willingness to become Fear Free certified
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and continuous learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to support all team members
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
How we support you
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Generous base salary PLUS production
- 401K with match eligibility
- Paid time off
- Health insurance including medical, dental, vision, EAP, and more
- Life insurance
- Adjunct disability insurance available through AFLAC
- CE stipend
- Flexible scheduling including full time or part-time hours
- Pet discount
- MentorVet enrollment and optional structured internal mentorship available
- Fear Free certification
- 4-day work week and schedule flexibility for life events