Family Care Representative
Are you dreaming about what YOUR bigger picture could be? Are you trying to achieve the ever-elusive work-life balance? Would you like to be excited to come to work every day?
At Livermore Family Pet Hospital, we are a fun, quirky, diverse family who work, play, and grow together. We are passionate about supporting each other in and out of the hospital setting. We believe in taking the best care of ourselves, our patients, and their families, while growing our individual passions within the veterinary field and beyond. You will be treated like one of the family with continual support and focus while you take this adventure with us. What’s the point of having a great adventure without having a family to share it with?
What do you think? Ready to bring that dream to reality? You got this…and we got you!
We are a multi-doctor, busy, progressive, long-time AAHA accredited small animal primary care hospital that will keep you engaged and inspired every day. We are paper-light moving to completely paperless with cloud software, live text, text-to-pay, video conferencing with screen-sharing, and phone calls through our software partners. We love to laugh, tell jokes, be silly, and support each other. We are committed to providing mentorship both in and out of the hospital. We celebrate people from all walks of life, and believe we thrive through celebration of our differences, our shared love for our patients, their families, and our community.
At Livermore Family Pet Hospital, we value every patient as if they were our own and treat their owners as if they are a part of our family. As a Family Care Representative, you will not only be representing yourself as a professional but will be representing Livermore Family Pet Hospital. You will always need to keep an upbeat professional attitude with the client in mind. Not only are you going to be answering phones and scheduling appointments, but you will also be entering into the world of veterinary medicine. You will be provided with the educational resources you will need to learn as much as possible in this fantastic but challenging career.
How we support each other:
- Respect and listen to our clients’ needs and address their pets’ needs attentively and professionally
- Learn and become proficient working with our software system
- Effectively communicate with the veterinarians and the rest of the Livermore Family Pet Hospital team
- Familiarize yourself with the hospital medications, products, and foods
- Schedule all routine, surgical, and urgent care appointments, and check in/out patients
- Type out communication notes while talking with clients
- Learn to appropriately address key symptoms in the event of an emergency (such as bloat, blocked kitty, seizure, difficulty breathing, and more)
- Come to work with a can-do attitude, have fun, and smile when you engage with clients
How you support us:
- Previous animal experience is desired
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a team environment and be supportive of team members
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift and carry 40 pounds without assistance.
- Keep an upbeat attitude even towards the most difficult client
- Passion for animal welfare
- Willingness to become Fear Free Certified
How we support you:
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays and paid time off
- Medical including vision, dental and life
- Supplemental disability insurance available through Aflac
- Yearly continuing education (CE) stipend provided
- Uniform allowance including work shoes
- Tuition Assistance eligibility
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) and live and online in-house training available
- Fear Free Certification Training
- Pet and product discounts
During your employment with us, you will have to opportunity to above and beyond and learn as much veterinary knowledge as you wish! You will have the opportunity to grow within the practice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.